My practice focuses on dispute resolution and general counsel services for community association clients. Services include guidance on covenant enforcement, association governance, insurance coverage, alternative dispute resolution, construction defects, major repair projects and loans, vendor contract review and drafting, easements, repair allocation responsibility, and other client needs.
I have been serving community association clients since I joined this law firm in 2010. Prior to joining this firm, I worked for a boutique litigation firm in downtown Seattle assisting clients with real estate and commercial disputes.
In addition to practicing law, I also write and edit. I have served on the WSCAI Communications Committee since 2010. I chaired the committee and edited the WSCAI Journal from 2013-2015. I have contributed articles to the WSCAI Journal, Super Lawyers Magazine, Above the Law, NW Lawyer, and various other publications.
I routinely present at WSCAI educational events, and have covered topics such as board resolutions, resale certificates, WUCOIA, short-term rentals, and major repair projects.
In 2018, I completed a 40-hour Mediation Training by the Dispute Resolution Center of King County.
I am a current member of the Eastlake Community Council, and have been since 2018. I am in charge of the Council's social media presence and events.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2007
- University in Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Eagle Member, WSAJ (formerly WSTLA), 2009-2010
- Rand L. Koler and Associates, Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2010
- Legal Journalism
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Changing Scenes of Communities (March/April 2011)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, 11 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Association’s Experience Working With Legal Counsel (1/2012)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Shifting Maintenance Responsibility To The Association: A How-To Guide (3/2012)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Should You Hit “Send”? Use of Email in Association Business (7/2012)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Pot Shops: Is it High Time to Allow a Marijuana Dispensary in Your Condominium? With Stephan Fjelstad (11/2012)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Green Thumbs Up! If properly regulated, a shared garden can make your community blossom (2/2013)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Compliance Letters: Magic Bullets…or Marketing Tools? (4/2013)
- “Finding Solutions Through Resolutions,” Manager’s Only Meeting, WSCAI, March 22, 2012
- Don’t Clear The Dishes? Federal Rule Prohibits WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Many Satellite Dish And Antenna Restrictions. With Sergey Petrov. (9/2013)
- WSCAI The Journal—Chapter Magazine, Want to Save on Paper? Explore the Option of Using Email to Send Owner Meeting Notices and Conduct Owner Voting (4/2014)
Fraternities or Sororities
- Kappa Delta
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Washington State Community Association Institute, Member, 2010 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Attorney Shareholder
- Community Association Law 100%
- Washington, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2009
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington, 2009
- De Novo won a first place American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (ABA YLD) Award of Achievement in the Newsletter category when I served as editor-in-chief
- WSBA Certificate in 2008 for 40-plus hours of pro bono service
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Waterfront Association v. Owner, King County Superior Court, 2011-2013
- Seattle Downtown Condominium v. Owner, King County Superior Court, 2009-2010
- South King County Association v. LLC, King County Superior Court, 2012-2013