David F. Silver
My practice is exclusively focused on providing general counsel legal advice and services to condominium and homeowner associations in Washington. I advise on all aspects of governance, interacting and contracting with third parties, and interpreting, amending and enforcing governing documents such as condominium declarations, CC&Rs, bylaws, articles and rules and regulations.
I fully appreciate that board members are also homeowners, and volunteers, many with jobs and other time-consuming personal commitments of their own. Because of this, I am committed to providing useful, effective advice focused on helping boards act in the best interests of the association. I enjoy working with board members of all experience levels and providing advice that is responsive, while at the same time educational.
At Peryea Silver Taylor, we proudly support the work and services provided by our industry trade group, the Washington Chapter of the Community Associations Institute. My partners and I have served on a variety of committees, and are frequent speakers and presenters on a wide range of community association legal topics at numerous WSCAI annual events and seminars. In fact, in 2019, our firm was awarded WSCAI Business Partner of the Year!
I have assisted numerous clients through the major repair process--from reviewing and amending their governing documents in preparation for a project, to reviewing the loan documents and construction contracts, to speaking at the "big" special meeting to address owner concerns.
When not working, I enjoy mountain biking, skiing, golf, music and family time.
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2004
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Economics
Classes & Seminars
- WUCIOA Budgets, CAI Law Day, 2019
- Basic Training for New Board Members, CAI Law Day, 2015
- Board Member Basics, 2012
- Association Board Member Powers and Duties, 2011
- HUD/FHA Project Approval, 2011
- Governing Documents 101, Discussion of Board Liability, Committee Roles and Limitations, 2009
- Governing Documents 101 & Amending, 2008
- Construction Defects, 2008
- Legal Topics - Basic Training for Directors, WSCAI, 2018
- Legal Tools for Managers, WSCAI, 2017
- Collections & Enforcement, WSCAI, 2015
- Mentor Program, Seattle University School of Law, 2010 to 2014
- Barker Martin P.S., Partner, 2008 to 2019
- McFerran & Burns, Attorney, 2005 to 2008
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Community Associations Institute (WSCAI), Member, 2008 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Attorney Shareholder
- Corporate Governance 25%
- Real Property 25%
- Contracts 25%
- Community Association Law 25%
- Washington, 2004
- Oregon, 2017 (Inactive)